Sunday, September 21, 2014
Blog by Kimme
The first time I heard the idea that the most basic essentials of life are food, clothing and shelter, I knew that it had to be an oversimplification. But I was transfixed by the simplicity. I was intrigued by monks and other ascetics who further simplified these most basic needs in order to focus and think about what is most important to them. So I kept my life simple and chose a career that gave me freedom and time to research, think and explore. What about? It turns out that I love to think about simplifying food, clothing, and shelter, and how I can design and make it myself. And I also noticed that I think best while running so I have added exercise to my basic needs list as well.
Soon after getting to know my husband, Michael, I found out that he had the same interests and preoccupations. So now we are on a quest to design and build our first home. We can't afford to do it in Los Angeles right now and we don't want to wait so we looked up where we could afford to build and decided to check out Panama. We liked it. So that is where we are going to try first. We plan to leave in 3 months. The next three months are going to be a whirlwind. It seems counter-intuitive to start a blog with so much going on but as I pack and dismantle my L.A. home and begin the slow process of building a new home I may find comfort in an online home where I can put the stuff I can't just throw in a box.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment