Orange and yellow;
The colorful leaves of fall
Brighten the season.
Tuesday, December 10, 2019
As part of my job as a hiking guide, I give a little talk about using nature as a port-a-potty. I emphasize that for privacy’s sake, please have a friend stand guard or leave a pack or pole on trail so that no one sneaks up on you when you’re answering nature’s call. For two years, that advice has been heeded and I haven’t caught anybody with their panties down. Until yesterday.
The woman who’s snatch I almost got a peek at was a freebie. That’s an A lister who does the program for free in the hopes that they’ll spread the good word and it’ll generate business. These people are almost always social media darlings whom I never recognize because I’m old and don’t participate in any of those shenanigans.
But there she was only a few feet away from a public park parking lot, squatting down taking one last leak for the road. Fortunately I caught her in the frog position right before I turned the corner and took a few steps back to be polite. I know she saw me, but she didn’t ask and I didn’t divulge that I didn’t see her. And that was that.
Perhaps she’s of a generation that isn’t as coy or concerned about privacy as my generation is. And perhaps that has its positive aspects. But I’m hoping I’ll be retired before I’m told that my little “be careful” of your privacy out there talk is giggled as anachronistic.
No comments:
Post a Comment