
The contrast between
The winter’s light and shadows
Is a blinding wall.
Monday, January 6, 2020
As a complete surprise one of my sisters gave us a Nespresso coffee maker for Christmas. In our family we choose names and only give one gift. She wasn’t responsible for either my wife or I, nor did we ever suggest we’d like a coffee maker. I’m surmising that she enjoys the treat of individual gourmet coffee so much and perhaps heard us talk that since we no longer live within walking distance of a coffee shop, we’ve been committing the coffee drinker’s mortal sin of using instant every morning.
So this was a thoughtful gift.
Yet…
As great as the delicious early morning treat is, we do feel bad about the waste individual pods create.
So as a compromise we’re going to keep the machine but recycle the pods and substitute our own favorite coffee once the sampler’s run out. It’s still probably a bit more wasteful than using instant. I haven’t seen any comparisons between the glass usage of occasional instant coffee vs. the foil usage of the circular caps needed to replace the used pod tops, but I’m sure there’s people out there who have. But the coffee is quite good so I’m not going to google it to find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment