Friday, September 4, 2020

The Bars


My eyes are weaker

Then they’ve been before.

Is this a blessing?

 Thursday, September 3, 2020

Now that I’m building a quasi new bike, I thought I’d consider what contact points I should possibly change.

 I love my Specialized seat so that’s going over to the new bike.

 Initially, at least, I thought I’d keep my Crank Brother Egg Beater pedals, but that became a moot point when they froze up on me a week ago. Since the bike I was given had Speedplay, I thought I’d give those a go. Damned, if they’re not hard to engage. But they seem to work well and that saves me some money for now.

 The bars, after watching a few videos about sizing, I’m planning to swap out for slightly narrower 42s as opposed to the 44s on my current bike. But damned again, I was overwhelmed at all the choices of types, materials and brands. I pretty much threw in the towel and figured since the bike I was given had an Enve fork, I’ll just go with what Enve makes.

 I hope the wheels don’t have any problems or are suggested to be changed. That’s just too much to think about. I just want to be the kid who wakes up at Christmas and gets on and goes for a spin on his trusty new steed. This adult decision making about components is intriguing but does tend to sap some of the spontaneity out of what should just be an almost instinctual thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment