Six
deer graze in the sunshine
On a crisp morning.
Thursday, November 19, 2020
For some reason my wife has decided that we should start working out on rings. Up until now our only experience with rings has been our infrequent us of the rings that came with our dip bar that we purchased shortly after the shutdown in March.
Even with that apparatus the focus for me was the dips. The rings came with the bars and weren’t a big selling point. But since they’re there, hey why not make use of them? The bars/rings had the usual number of illustrated exercises but the only ones I’ve ended up doing are dips and reverse pull ups with the bars and flies with rings. I’ve enjoyed those exercises and over time I do believe they’ve helped make me stronger.
But that’s a big jump from one exercise and rings basically used like a TRX set up to Olympic style rings that are high enough off the ground to where you’ve got to muscle your complete body weight.
I do believe it’s good to shake things up once in a while and challenge your mind and body in different ways. Of course mastery of any exercise also comes with persistence which, due to time and interests constraints, means it’s only feasible to rotate through so many types of exercises and exercise equipment.
I’ll give the rings a whirl because she wants to and it does seem it could hold my interest long enough to be worthwhile. I’m still going to keep dumb bells, kettlebells and other body weight exercises in the rotation. But I can’t see adding or trying anything new .except for possibly giving swimming a whirl sometime down the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment