Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Michael:Toys from the States


The meandering path
Provides hours of blissful peace
In the verdant hills.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Kimme will be returning from the states on Thursday after a three week visit and naturally I’ll be overjoyed to see her. So much so that I won’t even ask her about showing me my two new training/racing toys that I ordered until maybe even Friday.

One of the toys is a new watch and the other is a new type of waist pack. One is just a small functional upgrade and the other is … well, I’ll find out soon enough.

The watch was the least expensive watch I could find that had a dual interval function. It’s a woman’s Timex slim 50 lap Ironman watch. Kimme says it looks hideous, but in this case, that doesn’t sway me one way or another. So long as I’ll soon be able to do intervals with a different recovery period from my work period, I’ll be happy.

The Naked Band is what I’m really excited about. If it stays put and doesn’t ride up as I run and can hold all that it’s website promises with minimal bounce (don‘t they all say that?), I’ll be ecstatic.

Problem is I won’t get to try it out for long before next Saturday’s Los Pinos 50k. Maybe one long run here on Sunday then a short hill run on Wednesday in the states. So it’ll have to be a quick decision. If it works out, my prayers will have been answered Turkel ( I just finished watching One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest for getting close to Howard Hughes obsessive Ice Station Zebra status.).

No comments:

Post a Comment