Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Michael: Speaking Too Soon
Brownish red buckwheat,
Like old dusty pom pom balls,
Cheer us on the trail.
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Eureka! I believe I’ve discovered my trail racing footwear for the rest of this year and into the next.
I was beginning to worry after experiencing heel pain in both the Nike Kiger 3s and Hoka Speed Instincts. So in desperation, before the Bull Dog 25k in two weeks, I decided to roll the dice on Hoka Torrents paired with Superfeet Green insoles. And after just one test run, I’m pretty positive I’ve found the winning combination. I know this sounds like jumping the gun, and it is, but I’m only going to be the baby of the 60 year old group once, so I’m throwing caution to the wind and even paying full price for a pair of running shoes.
Usually, I also wouldn’t break in a new pair of shoes with a new insole; seems more prudent to try the shoes first without the insoles and then add the insoles if necessary, but with only two weeks to go and only two trail run break ins possible, it just felt like the way to go.
Now, that I know what’s going on my feet, comes the hard part; co-coordinating the rest of my race outfit with my existing wardrobe. Hokas + insoles+ registration fees, doesn’t leave anything in the budget to accessorize.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment