Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Michael: Breaking Up Already


The sound of water
Cascading down the trial
Is tranquil chaos.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Alright, I’ll admit I’ve never been a handholding type of guy and just after one test run I’m ready to shelf the handheld experience until after this weekend’s race.

The problem for me is that handhelds are just too good at what they’re designed for - staying in your hand, which isn’t as convenient as you’d think.

I worry too much about stumbling and not being able to use my hand to brace myself, or even worse, the handheld getting in the way and somehow causing what would’ve been a minor annoyance into some kind of funky long lasting wrist or arm injury.

Also, with a handheld I’ve only got one hand free to use for gels, clothing adjustments and whatnot that you don’t have to think about when you’ve got two hands free. I’m going to have to talk to all those runners out there that tie up not just one of their hands but both with handhelds.

For now, I’m going back to my hand/butt cheek hybrid formula that allows me to stash a bottle behind me when I’ve drunk enough fluid and/or need both hands. I may get back to the handheld at some point, but for now I’m going to stick with my tried and true. I just wish some company out there would create a bottle that worked well for what I find a great way to carry hydration.

No comments:

Post a Comment