Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Michael: I (Didn't) Fix It
The penetrating
Cold exposing an anger
That shouldn’t be there.
Tuesday, February 5, 2019
Youtube; how did people screw up their lives before it? Well, maybe I should just speak for myself.
My latest Youtube inspired goof was trying to replace my I-phone 5 battery.
The Youtube video from I Fix It made it look so simple I ordered there product with all the necessary tools included.
Once here, I followed the step by step instructions and was pretty set to go through half the procedure; the taking it apart part. Putting it all back together took a bit longer as their video didn’t cover that. I guess they figured I’d be bright enough to know that I should just reverse the steps I followed to take it apart. I am and I did. But as the Humpty Dumpty story goes …
Though I was able to clamp everything back together a few times, I could never get the damned phone to turn on. After a few hours I decided it was time to throw in the towel and seek professional help.
Fortunately, not too far away was a repairman who was able to quickly inform me that I had torn one of the wires connecting the drive to the screen. He had that part on hand and could replace it for $60. That seemed like a pretty good deal to me.
Despite this, I doubt I’ll give up on Youtube easy DIY projects. I’ll just need to note that they should all come with the following disclaimer; “Dufus, you should know this isn’t going to be as easy as it looks and someone like you is bound to screw it up, so before you attempt what’s demonstrated in the video be prepared to contact a professional repairman or pay for a new gizmo.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment