Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Michael: A Peloton of Painted Ladies


The horse is so large
It’s gallop is like thunder
That frightens the earth.

Monday, May 13, 2019

I’ve been riding regularly but sporadically this year; if that makes sense, but yesterday, although they’ve been around for a while now, was the first time  I’ve ever ridden with a peloton of butterflies and it was both a childlike delight and a recall of old motorcycle days.

The childhood delight was hanging out with so many butterflies in Southern California. More than I can ever remember. It felt like riding through the Little House on the Prairie fields with that goofy theme song playing in the background

As for the motorcycle reference…As an adult I road a motorcycle for thirty years and do know for sure I received some hard knocks from insects, rocks and even a bird. And at 60+ mph those can give an audible and tactile thwack. Though I only reached two-thirds of that speed on the bike yesterday, some of those butterflies kamikazeed me in a way that reminded me of my old MC days.

Note to SoCal riders who haven’t started up this year yet; good sunglasses and a helmet and keep your mouth shut on the down hills and breathe through your nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment