Monday, May 20, 2019

Michael: A Rooney Flashback


A smear of flowers
Seen through the pulsating rain
Reminds me of you.

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Half my lifetime ago there was a grumpy old commentator that would end 60 Minutes with some good old days rant. He was quite famous and considered quite witty. I feel I am now that dude sans fame and wit.

Yesterday I drove into town, where I get cell phone reception, determined to get wi-fi phone service so I could receive calls at home. I called AT&T and after going through the lottery of choices, I finally hit what I thought was the jackpot that got me through to a human. Unfortunately, the humans I spoke with kept informing the they would be unable to help me as my issue should be handled through U-verse.

This did not go well as the U-verse robo-machine would ask me two questions:1, was this related to this #? And 2, Was this an AT&T serviced phone? When I replied yes, I was kicked back over to the AT&T information line.

After a few rounds of this an AT&T representative told me to just press 0 to any inquiries from U-Verse and eventually I’d get to a U-Verse human. I did and it worked… kind of. I would here a human voice for a bit but then would be cut off.

Frustrated, I decided to just go to an AT&T store. There, the very nice human told me my phone was too out of date and was incapable of wi-fi phone service. I would need to upgrade from an I-phone 5 to an I-phone 6. I suppose I’ll do that one of these days. What choice do I have? It’s either upgrade my phone or try and talk to my mom through two cans and a very, very, very long string.

No comments:

Post a Comment