Saturday, June 1, 2019
Michael: Nothing New
Hummingbird flower;
Dull, deep magenta leaves
On a bright green stalk.
Wednesday, May 29, 2019
Saturday I’m going to race the Phantom 20 miler in Agoura Hills. This will be the first time in a long time that I won’t be using anything new for a race; not new shoes, nor socks or even a hat. I’m a bit despondent about that but I’m going to try and not let it effect my performance.
There will be one new element to this race though that kind of irks me. Part of the course is going to be new due to the Woolsey fire.
This is bothersome because last year I ran it in 3:06 and I’m hoping to better than that and go under 3 hours. But with a new course it’s going to be hard to compare results. I suppose that’s one of those ying/yang qualities of trail racing even more so than road or track events. Not only do the conditions change from year to year, but trail courses change even though they’ll keep the same moniker. Heck even if the course is technically identical, it could be far different just due to erosion.
So there will be a new element for everybody and not just me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment