A seriously
Funny monkey laughed at that
Tragic reflection.
Friday, June 7, 2019
Getting old is easy. Getting old and trying to stay in shape; now, that’s another story altogether.
Up until yesterday, I thought I was doing pretty good on the old age front. My race results have been pretty good and pretty consistent. My workouts have been decent and my weight’s been pretty steady. Then I took the Bod Pod test and my ego took a pretty large hit. It has me at 17% body fat. I can’t recall being this fat since shortly after college when I was intentionally trying to put on weight so I would look a little more husky instead of being the scrawny person I’ve always been.
Now being old has put me in the worst of both worlds; I’m both scrawny looking and fat.
But I intend to fight back. Now I’m only lifting one day a week. That’s going up to two. That’s actually going to be an enjoyable change and one I’ve been planning on for a while. And since I work at a hotel with a very nice gym, it’s very feasible.
On the other side of the coin – diet; that’s going to be the tougher nut to crack (pun intended). For the next three months my plan is to not keep cheese, chocolate, chips and Danish in the house. I’m not going to eliminate them entirely unless I don’t see any results by September.
I’m hoping that’ll drop my weight a few pounds without any loss in strength which should translate to a reasonable 15% body fat.
Life is good. These foods are delicious. But at the moment I value being a competitive old fart instead of rotund leisurely one.
No comments:
Post a Comment