Sunday, September 22, 2019

Michael: The Trail Runway






Her muzzle was white

Though her eyes and teeth remain

Bright, strong and fearless.

 Friday, September 20, 2019



At my work we’re suppose to stick to the basics; black, grey and white. And for years now it seems that running apparel was following suite going with just a few more basic solid color offerings.



But finally a few companies are trying to brighten things up out there, which is like a breath of fresh air (pun intended) out on the trails.



I don’t understand why it’s taken so long given that in the road bike community men have been flaming lycra fashionistas for years now. It’s just strange to me how some people will not make the cross cultural dress change over even though they engage in both activities. It’s like why dress sassy on a bike but not on the trails?



Well finally Nike is throwing caution to the wind and really daring us to get our snap together out on the trail runways. Other companies have long had shoes that were pretty bold, including Nike’s own Easter egg colored Kigers, and a few companies like BOA, La Sportiva and Janji have offered some pretty fun offerings, but Nike is really stepping it up with almost complete head to toe trail pimp wear.



I like it. I’m not always going to want to strut like a peacock out there. But every now and then it’s kind of fun to be another animal out there strutting our stuff and demanding a little attention.



If I had a decent roar or even an amusing squawk I’d toss that in every once in a while as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment