Our fire prone brush and eases
Our worried for now.
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
A week after taking a group of guests on the unintended record longest hike in our company’s history, a new week’s batch of guests came with one of the guests revealing a very interesting and relevant complaint to me.
She complained that while at our sister program in December of last year, a guide took her on a 5 ½ hour hike and that she would never go on a hike if that guide was involved. Naturally, I kept quiet about my recent involvement in the over 6 hour hike.
But her revelation did help put my worried about job security mind at ease a bit. After all, my goof wasn’t that much worse than the one she had experienced. And the guide that led that hike was my mentor and is still employed.
Shows that even the best of us can make mistakes now and then. Not that I’m in that category. Which means I’m still a bit worried about my job.
And also no one has mentioned it. I haven’t received an email from my superior or the owner, who was on the hike. And one of my fellow guides is still excited about incorporating part of my hike into our program – sans the additional mileage.
All of these thoughts ran through my head as I wryly smiled and listened compassionately to last week’s guest complain about her epic hike.
No comments:
Post a Comment