Lone wolf images
Are both nightmares and wishes
Coming after me.
Sunday, April 5, 2020
Competitions are bizarre primordial throwbacks, and I’m not saying that as one of those supposedly noncompetitive snobs. I compete. I enjoy it. I miss it, particularly now as one by one my races are being cancelled or postponed.
So when I glance through the news changes such as the Olympics and Wimbledon catch my eye. It surprises me, but doesn’t throw me off like it would’ve when I was a kid following my favorite teams and players. Although I’m still a fairly active competitor, I’m not the fan I use to be. Perhaps that’s narcissistic. I’d rather think of it as evolutionary.
But this morning’s glance really gave me a good belly roll as to how ridiculous competition can be when I saw that Nathan’s hot dog competition is possibly being cancelled. I suppose in the realm of “competition” it’s format isn’t really any more bizarre or humorous than most. And reading about superstar’s trades, contracts, and other insignificant changes while the world spirals into hell is just about as other worldy.
But I suppose we’ll know for sure that we’ve returned to normalcy when I glance through the news and see that Nathan’s is back on.
No comments:
Post a Comment