Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Michael: The Pre-Carbon Checklist


 The less than inch worm 
Lies on the translucent leaf 
Enjoying the sun. 

 Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The paradox of now strikes again. 

Now it concerns my feet which I frequently like to treat to new athletic shoes. Lately, it seems the rage is carbon plated marathon racing shoes. But before indulging and trying out any of these wonders, there are a few requirements they need to meet.  

Right off the bat, it’s hard to justify a give or take $200 shoe purchase for miracle worker racing shoes when there are no races.  

Secondly, I’m not keen on running a road marathon even when races do open back up. But one of these shoes may still work for half marathons, 10 and 5ks, which I do plan on running as soon as they become a non-virtual go.  

Then I need to be in shape which right now I’m not due to fighting a prolonged glute injury.  

There’s also the price. I never dreamed that I’d seriously be tempted to pay over $150 plus for shoes 

And finally, the strongest consideration that’s having me lean against the purchase of a carbon shoe is the great revues that the non-carbon plated Saucony Endorphin Speed is getting. It’s plated, but with a nylon plate. From all the chatter they sound as worthwhile as the carbon offerings out there but at the reasonable(?) price of $160. 

So almost decision made. After it’s clear that a race is going to take place and I’ve had some solid training in, the choice will be between the highly in demand white, blue and magenta colorway, or the more but also more readily available sedate black and gold. It seems I’ll have a few months at least to mull that over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment