Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Michael: Precarious

 The glistening threads 
Woven between the branches 
Catch the morning mist. 

 Sunday, July 20, 2020 

Today I go back to work at a high-end wellness center (is there any other kind?).  

In March, when I last worked, we were the worry. The guests were isolated on our property and the workers were coming in from the outside every day. Now, like much of the rest of the country, it’s a bit more chaotic. They’ll be coming in from all over the place and so will we.  

It’ll be a miracle if none of us gets sick or test positive even with all the precautions we’re taking. And if we stay open through the summer I’ll be shocked.  

But I hope we do. I enjoy my job and I could use the money. I’ve gotten used to being home though with Kimme and Luna and that’s not so bad either. 

 I never thought at this stage of the game, less than 5 years from a decent retirement, I’d be confronting so much chaos and literally living so close to day by day as opposed to just using that expression to make casual conversation. But that’s the way it is right now. And that’s the thing about these stressful times, no one has any idea how long that attitude’s going to linger with us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment