Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Hey Bull Dog

 My insomnia

Blesses me with delusions

Of omnipresence.

Saturday, April 17, 2021

 With all the confusion of last year between race cancellations and postponements, the only race I know for sure I’m signed up for is the Bull Dog 25k in August.

 With that in mind and given that I have four months to build up from almost zero after a three week lay-off due to a broken collar bone, this year I’m going to aim for the age group record of 2:19 and next year go for the 50k record before saying good-bye to Bull Dog for a while and seek out other challenges.

 It’s been a few years since I’ve even run the Bull Dog course let alone run the race, and I’m definitely hoping a few races will open up before then so I can get my nerves under control after not racing in over a year.

 Before this lockdown, outside of running under the duress of injuries, I thought I was doing a pretty good job of using my nerves to my advantage as far as racing goes. My performances were pretty much at a consistently high level.

 
But if or when that apparent flow of training and race prep will still be there or not, I suppose many of us will have answered in the very near future. And that’s both very interesting and pretty exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment