Saturday, July 24, 2021

Limbo

The zzz of a fly

Moves in and out of focus

As my life stands still.

 July 24, 2021

 Almost four months have passed since my clavicle was broken and to this day I have no idea what the final economic or legal ramifications will be.

 Medically, I have received a few inconsequential bills. My surgery, which was supposedly covered by Trinity Healthshare, went well. But I have neither received a bill, an itemization of the costs, or a claim for my deductible.

 Two weeks ago Trinity sent an email stating that they were no longer operating in California. A week after that they sent out a notice that they were filing for bankruptcy protection.

 Not sure where that leaves me, but maybe someday it’ll all shake out.

 Similarly, after receiving a small claims court date, but with the wrong defendant listed, I have, for more than a month now, been waiting for a correction from the court.

 I’m dubious I’ll receive my day in court, or that given a positive outcome I’ll be able to collect from the skateboarder that caused my injuries.

 Is this the best of all possible worlds? Clearly not. A little closer to the The Trial and Metamorphosis if you ask me. Kafka, turns out, was not a literary genius, but merely a journalist slightly ahead of his time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment