My
adversary appears
To
urge me forward.
Roll the Dice: Wednesday, December 8, 2021
For another runner it didn’t.
Early in the race a guy passed me I chased him In the fog and as the race rolled slightly uphill and meandered through some beautiful single track, I would catch glimpses of him now and then. Finally, as we approached a long downhill section at the 10k mark, I edged passed him.
At the end I waited for about 10 minutes as I wanted to thank him for setting such a strong pace for the first section of the race. But he didn’t show and I had to get to work. I asked the first woman finisher if she had seen him and she told me he was walking a bit further back when she passed him.
I figured that dude had rolled the dice as well and came up short. I hope he’s not discouraged by his second half struggles because for me that’s what competition is all about; discovering where that edge is and riding it for as long as you can. I don’t have any trail races planned for quite a while, but I do hope I’ll see that dude again so I can properly thank him.
No comments:
Post a Comment