Saturday, January 22, 2022

Solo

 Whispers of white hair

Sweep across the sky.

God is an old man.

 Thursday, January 20, 2022

 While returning from REI on my nearly year-old Can Am Spyder F3, the vehicle I passed over to purchase my Spyder turned in front of me; an Electra Meccanica Solo.

 Not that I’m into cars or that this is going to be about why I chose one three wheeled vehicle over another, but the serendipitous passing reminded me just how much I prefer to do things alone.

 At work we have a new guide who runs. He’s wanted me to join him. And although I recognize there would be training benefits to running with a better runner, I’m just not interested.

 At some points in my training, I have trained with others and enjoyed it, but even then most of my workouts were done alone.

 I did do group track work for a while and rode with the LA Tri Club for a few years on Saturdays and recognize that the group dynamics were not only beneficial athletically but also socially.

 But it also meant travel and not always doing the workouts that I wanted to focus on.

And now that I’ve been on my own training schedule for about 10 years, I just prefer to get out and do what I want to do when and where I want to do it. That possibly may hurt my performance but it might also have kept me in the game longer as it now requires that I hold myself accountable for why I’m out there and how hard I push myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment