Sleeping
on my back,
Bearing
the weight of the moon,
Dreams
are clear and cold.
Friday, January 7, 2022
Being
a Beatles fan, it’s hard not to think about Paul’s “When I’m 64” as I approach
my 64th birthday. It’s not a very cheerful ditty about getting older
and I myself have mixed emotions about what this year means.
I
also recently read about putting middle age into perspective by considering you
have about 5,000 or so decent weeks left. That’s still too large a number to
grasp how precious this time is, so I’d prefer to think in terms of the old
childhood/school teacher summer vacation. In that case I have perhaps 10 decent
summer vacations left before me.
What
to do with those? I’m going to take those one summer at a time right now.
Pre-Covid
I began the Colorado Trail and I’d like to do another section, though I’d also
like to do a trail back east; particularly the Baker Trail in Pennsylvania. One
of those has to be on this summer’s list.
I’m
also planning on competing in The Toughest Man duathlon competition in New York
at the end of September.
To
make the most of these goals I want to be in the best shape I can be which
means to continue to focus on strength training and tweaking my diet. I intend
on being in the best shape I can be for my age so I can finish this 64th
year feeling I put everything I had into it.
I’m
sure there’ll be other significant plans to be made for this year, but for now
I’ll focus on these to get me through one of my few remaining summer vacations.
No comments:
Post a Comment