Sunday, March 22, 2015

Michael: Sunday, March 22



The orange trees
Are drizzled throughout the lush
Dynamic landscape.

Yesterday began with a ride toward Rio Sereno and back. Before heading out I pushed my saddle slightly forward and edged the nose down just a tad hoping to find a bit of relief from the discomfort I’ve been experiencing in my crotch. It helped, and though I now feel my seat and I can remain intimate for 3 hours, it’s still not the experience it ought to be.

The road to the border is more of a consistent roller coaster than the Orange Blossom Highway but doesn’t have quite as dramatic of pitches and I could easily remain seated throughout the climbs if I had chosen to. This week the produce guards were out near Rio Sereno and they asked me if I lived in Volcan and if I were Aleman. I presume that means German and I said no, I was from the United States and they didn’t laugh or give me a quizzical look, so I presume my answer was in the ball park, though I’ll have to look up exactly what “Aleman” is.

Home and I did manage to get a small amount of extra-curriculars in before having a delicious dinner of bok-choy soup and roasted vegetables before our usual end of the night routine.

Today we’re off to the Quetzal but if it’s raining we’ll probably just run the road home from Guadalupe. We’re also supposed to take our landlord, Luzmila, out for brunch but she may try to dodge us.

Tomorrow’s the big day with a lot of to accomplish in David; Airbox Express, Fedex, Chinese grocery store, Columbia, Dr. Bikes Shop and who knows what else. Hope it’s not too hot and the taxis find their way around easily enough. No matter where we go I’m pledging to practice my two new Spanish questions - “Que me recomendia?” and “Que Contiene?”

No comments:

Post a Comment