Saturday, March 21, 2015
Michael: Saturday, March 21, 2015
The cows were lounging
Under the trees yesterday
Enjoying the shade.
That’s what I felt like doing yesterday as well after two enjoyable but fatiguing days of being outside, but not under the trees and particularly not with the cows. I do enjoy them, but the flies and the bugs they attract would eat me alive.
So after I switched my workout from my usual tempo run to an easy recovery jog and pull ups, I was very content with not going to the Friday markets and just going into town for a few groceries and then try to write a little before dinner.
Today it’s back on the bike toward Rio Sereno and I’m going to fiddle with my saddle a little - point the nose down just slightly to see if it’ll ease my discomfort, though in the not too distant future I’d like to replace it anyway purely for aesthetic reasons even if it does manage to become acceptable. After all, I’m planning on having this bike until I’m at least 60.
A short trip into town to pick up our fingerprints, cereal I forgot yesterday and some chocolate, write the sisters and maybe get off a few other dots and dashes, hopefully a shorter game of chess - Kimme gave me a run for my money last night, then check in on the dude in The Americans to find out if the commie bastard is toying with the idea of becoming a Christian.
The Dogs Behind the Gate
I was riding my bike high up into the mountains toward the gates of heaven hoping to find a faucet to fill my bottles. Just outside I paused to peer inside and get a glimpse of what I’d be missing if I were not allowed in when time or accident will overtake me.
It was lush and green and beautiful with a gentle stream rolling into a pond just as I would want my heaven to be. The bird chatter was scattered but harmonious and just as I felt I should lean my bike up against a pillar and see if I could take a few steps in, I could hear a few dogs swooping down the hill along the gate barking in a vicious territorial frenzy. This could be heaven, but not my heaven. And I knew it was time to ride away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment