Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Michael: BMW/BBW
Picking a berry
On a walk through the forest
Shouldn’t feel strange.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
We haven’t had access to the net here with any reliability for a week and half. It’s come on for a couple of hours the past two nights, but that’s about it. It’s definitely the most frustrating aspect of living here.
I wouldn’t say I live on the net, but it is much more than a bill paying service. I enjoy doing all kinds of “research” on the web. Much more than I should actually. And that’s where not having it has had a few benefits. For example, I’ve been spending much more time reading books lately, which has been a real treat, though there’s no reason I couldn’t have been doing so when I had the net.
There are still aspects of the net that both amuse and frighten me. I’ve had my identity stolen a few times, and I’m sure at least one of those incidents was through opening mail with a bug in it.
Why some invites to certain websites start showing up in my mail is also a mystery to me. Because of my fear of identity theft I almost always delete any mail from a source I don’t recognize, no matter how enticing the appeal.
But once in a great while they almost sneak one past me.
Recently I’ve been hit up by a website offering BBWs. At first I didn’t recognize what the initials stood for and almost clicked on it because I get mail all the time from a BMW motorcycle dealer that I sold my motorcycle to before leaving the states. I miss motorcycles so when their mail shows up, if it’s touting a new road bike, I’ll open it up and take a peak.
So BBW/BMW, understandable from just a quick glance why I would open it. But I hesitated long enough to wonder what that “BBWs in my area” meant. Then it hit me, Big Black Women. Why they’d be looking for me, I have no idea. But I almost accidentally started looking for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment