Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Michael: Swelterland


The caterpillar
Iridescent gold and blue
Covered with black fur.

Monday, June 8, 2015

Yesterday we scouted out the Quetzal trail and it’s a little worse for wear, but still manageable. That means our trip to Boquete this weekend has still got the green light. Today a different type of trip and scouting expedition to David.

David may always be a wonder to me. In Los Angeles when it’s hot people flee to the coast to cool off. Here we descend down the mountain toward the coast and we can count on it being 90 degrees and humid.

But we’re not going there for a change of weather, we’re going to pick up our second set of packages sent from the good old U.S. of A. and to see if there’s a decent sewing machine, sheets and a weighty enough kettle bell at the Do It Center.

In the packages should be an Osprey Talon 6 lumbar pack, a pair of shorts, underwear and an exercise band. The pack will be used to carry a change of clothes on a few adventures we have upcoming and to play with as part of a two part pack system on fast pack hiking trips. I’ll talk about that later.

The shorts have a 14” inseam. I like my legs covered when I run or hike here, but pants get awkward and heavy. With long shorts and calf sleeves I should be good to go.

The exercise band Kimme ordered to try and help with our posture. More after I figure out how to do the exercises.

The Do It Center is a kind of Jack of all trades home shopping store that Kimme believes is just like a chain in the Midwest. The sewing machine would is so she can start designing again and create some samples until she can retrieve her good machines from the states. And the kettle bell is for me so I can join her in the workouts she’s been doing off of her computer.

We won’t linger in David. Unlike the states, we’ll be glad to put the coast at our backs and climb into the more comforting surroundings of the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment