Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Michael: How Many Tiendas...


Beautiful blue birds,
As common as a clear sky,
Are always enjoyed.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Again, not to age myself, but Polish jokes were very popular when I was growing up. You know, like how many Polacks does it take to replace a light bulb? Three; one to hold the bulb and two to turn the ladder.

I’m not keen on ethnic jokes but a similar format could be described regarding this small town of Panama; Volcan. But this isn’t about Panamanians, it’s about the stores here, which they have in abundance.

Unfortunately, when you’re in search of a small item, like replacement candle-like bulbs for a chandelier, it can take a lot of door to door work before you might even get a whiff of success.

In my case; how many tiendas did it take to find the replacement bulbs?
Five. And even then the bulbs were Christmas lights; one green and one orange. The sales clerk said I could remove the colors by scraping them with a knife. I used sandpaper instead, and that did do a pretty good job of removing the paint.

However, within a few hours of putting in the bulbs, one of them went out. I tried to tighten it to see if that was the problem and broke it.

A few hours later the other bulb went out.

So how many stores does one have to visit to find replacement bulbs here?
God, I just don’t know. And I’m not even going to bother to try and find out. Kimme’s promised to bring back a few bulbs from the states.

I’m sure there might be some lying around in one of the ubiquitous stores around here. But I’m glad I can put off that search until some other small watchamucallit fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment