Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Michael: New and Blue
Falling to the ground
After a night in heaven;
Where do I go next?
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
As I mentioned a few weeks ago, my plan was to run the Peak Marathon in San Diego in my underwear. At the last minute though my bashful side caught up with me and I decided to go conventional and I went to the New Balance outlet in San Clemente and picked up a matching outfit consisting of blue two in one shorts and a running t-shirt. I’d gone from daring skin tight racer man to gray haired blue boy.
But though the outfit no longer was on the cutting edge, I was breaking conventional wisdom by racing in a completely untried outfit and a pack and shoes that were barely tried out on short runs the week before the race. And not only did I live to tell about it, but outside of a bit of heel pain the last few miles, I was quite comfortable. The outfit worked great. The pack and shoes I’ll go into more depth soon.
Was it wise? Would I do it again? No and probably. All these words to the wise serve a purpose, yet sometimes it’s a sneaky pleasure to throw a little caution to the wind by trying something new on race day. I’m not a pro. The race was short enough to where I wouldn’t suffer for long if I began to chafe a little. What the hell. Though I’d still like to do a race in some tried and true underwear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment