A fine red powder
Coats the precarious rocks
On the devil’s slide.
Friday, July 14, 2017
Friday, July 14, 2017
With less than half of the
Panamanian run around call backs required to get a final word on my computer,
Kevin’s Computer Service, in the good old U.S. of A., seems to have repaired my
two year old Nextbook.
The fix? The same one that
was first suggested to me in Panama; buy an external wireless adapter. Here,
though, for $50, they promised to do a complete diagnosis to determine whether
the loss of wi-fi was virus or hardware related.
Again, was it worth it?
If all goes well, for my $90
I now have a functioning tablet that they also kindly updated to Windows 10
from the former Windows 8. For about twice that much I could’ve got a brand new
Dell Windows 10 14” laptop.
Trade-offs; Costs; Value…all
to be determined.
At the moment I’ll clean out
my old Dell Vista desktop and take it to the electronics purgatory in Panama,
where perhaps some ingenuitive
recycler can get it up and running again or at
least remove some useful bits.
That’ll leave me with the
upgraded tablet and a 10 year old Dell laptop; which I’ll still use for writing
you-tubing and general googling.
If I get a year out of this
updated tablet, I’ll be happy and stamp smiley faces in all of the boxes
related to the many calls and long miles I’ve gone through to get what was
originally suppose to be an inexpensive gift that was meant to add a bit more
convenience to my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment