The spiked purple balls
Scatter color here and there
Throughout the dry hills.
Sunday, July 9, 2017
Three summer races within a
week and half shouldn’t require three different outfits, but conditions and
fashion have me facing those important pre-race wardrobe decisions.
One of the races and outfit
choices is almost strictly fashion dictated.
The short 5 mile trail race
is billed as Christmas in July and is encouraging participants to dress
accordingly. So green and red I’ll go. No fancy hat or beard though. It’s in
the O.C. and even at 6 p.m. it’s likely to be warm, and I figure Santa would go
clean shaven during his summer hiatus.
Two days later will be the
Peak Marathon in inland San Diego. That’s going to be warm so I’ll go as near
to naked as I can, but whatever will be covered will be covered in blue as I
often build outfits from the shoes up, and the Nike Terra Kiger 3s I got on
sale are a deep blue.
The following week will be a
50k on an island in Michigan. And whether that’s warm or not, I won’t go near
to naked as they’re warning participants that the mosquitoes may be hanging out
just waiting for racers to nibble on. I’ll still do my best to coordinate but
priority numero uno will be to cover up and keep my blood to myself.
Racing or training though I
still feel it’s worthwhile to dress according to the motto – I may not be fast
but that doesn’t mean I can’t look fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment