Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Michael: Nearly Naked


The tarantula,
The Frankenstein of spiders,
Crawls through our garden.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Outside of labels and price, is there any difference between compression shorts and underwear?

God, I hope not.

Here, unless I’m running door to door I don’t feel comfortable running in tights. But in the states, particularly in California, land of the ultra free, I’m going to be running in what could be a very hot trail marathon and plan on wearing 2XU underwear.

2XU is also a very popular compression wear brand so I’m only a bit concerned about someone calling me out during the race at some point and questioning me about whether I’m running in underwear.

I’ve thought about caving in and actually buying a pair of officially labeled compression wear, but that just feels silly and a waste of money. Of course running in only underwear for the first time is also going to feel a bit silly, but their very cool and comfortable and I can’t really see much of a difference outside of price.

But that’s it. At least for now. Though I haven’t read in any trail race rules against running naked, the line’s got to be drawn somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment