Friday, February 16, 2018
Michael: Seniors with Hoodies
The shine of the sea
Waves like the silvery strands
Of an angel’s child.
Tuesday, February 14, 2018
I don’t think it’s just the difference between small towns and large towns that completely explains the difference in the almost palpable sense of fear that one feels walking around in the states as opposed to the small town we were living in Panama.
And that fear often shows up in small, subtle and sometimes even humorous ways.
For example, on my days off I’ve often been taking very early morning walks to get a cup of coffee. I’ll do this wearing my work hoodie but not with the hood over my head. Nevertheless, there is an older couple I’ve crossed paths with and the women has always reached protectively for her husband’s hand when I’m approaching.
This had my thinking that the up to date version of Monty Python’s Hell’s Grannies would be a bunch of old white men in hoodies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment