Friday, February 2, 2018

Michael: There's Always the Weather


The shimmering sea
Created by the warm winds
Is art in motion.

Monday, January 29, 2018

You would expect that the most wildlife encounters would take place in the wild, but again, in just my three weeks of exploring both the urban jungle of Southern California and the trails out in boonies of the dry chaparel, that’s not the way it always works out.

For instance, in my three weeks of hiking for 4 hours three times a week, I’ve seen a few interesting birds and a couple of small lizards. But just last week while walking to get a cup of early morning coffee, I saw a pretty decent sized skunk scurrying through my Los Feliz neighborhood.

And this isn’t the first time I’ve encountered what ought to be considered wildlife scampering through urban habitats. Here I’ve seen racoons in San Francisco, numerous possums all over the place, and a few coyotes here and there. In Panama, I’ve also seen a few tayras, pretty cool looking weasel relatives, crossing the street just outside of town.

At least for these animals, unlike for us more civilized types, shelter must be reasonably affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment