Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Michael: Gambling
The park coyote
Calmly stood there like a dog
Begging for a treat.
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Sometimes justice is a roll of the dice. Sunday, the universe was with me and justice was done.
Occasionally on bike rides it pays to ride with strangers and throw your lot in with perhaps a weaker rider for mutual gain. Maybe they don’t pull as much, but they do take pulls, and everyone benefits. This symbiosis is usually acknowledged when a rider turns off to go their separate way.
However, now and then a rider will break this unspoken alliance in a less than sporty fashion. Like on Sunday when the dude that was riding with me decided he’d blow through a light after I came to an easy stop. I’m guessing that he thought he’d never see me again. But I was hoping that justice was paying attention and would find a light near enough so I could at least have a chance of gaining a little frontier justice.
And it appeared at just the perfect spot on PCH. At the bottom of a slight uphill ramp. Now for the fun of cycling. I felt that if I pushed it hard enough from the start my former assistant turned wanna be break-away artist wouldn’t be able to put himself through the discomfort of hanging on. My gamble paid off and the tide was turned. He was long out of sight by the time I turned off to climb up Mulholland.
Justice doesn’t always work out that way. But when you roll the dice and win it sure is sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment