Monday, July 30, 2018
Michael: No Can Du
Clouds of coffee stains
Surround the lip of my cup
Raining forever.
Saturday, July 28, 2018
Tomorrow would’ve been my first duathlon in about 5 years. Unfortunately, the R.D.s decided to change the start time from 8 to 9:15 which won’t allow me enough time to race then get to work at noon. They were kind enough to allow me to roll over my entry until next year. So while I’m disappointed, this now gives me more time to prep for my first duathlon as a senior citizen and I need it.
Physically, I feel in fine shape. I’ve been running and riding and enjoying both, and even if I weren’t, I don’t mind going into a race a bit under trained, but I hate going into a race under prepared. And I was very much not ready mentally for this event.
First off, I did get my beautiful old reliable tri-bike a spiffy tune up; so Gumby’s ready. But we’ve only been out on the road twice together this year, and maybe if I’d been doing a few of my old reliable Spinerval brick workouts on the trainer/treadmill, I’d feel good to go. But I haven’t.
Basically, I’d have done this race relying on my distant memories of what it feels like to transition from a ride to run. Maybe that would’ve been enough, but I’m very glad I don’t have to chance that.
On the downside, du’s are hard to come by and now I only have one on this year’s calendar. I’m hoping I can find another while I still feel chipper enough to get out there and do the dus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment