Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Michael: Champion, Master or Grand Master?
Gooseberry moonlight
Tickles the dark forest pines
With beams of delight.
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Through good genes, hard work, and the random kindness of the universe, I am now the RRCA 2018 50k Master’s Champion. I won’t get into the genes and work thing here, but the way the dice rolled last Saturday, seems interesting to me.
First off, let me explain the categories: The overall champion is pretty self explanatory. The Master is for 40 and over, and the Grand Master is 60+. Technically, it ought to be possible to be all three; for example, if someone over 60 would win. But either Nancy, the R.D., or the RRCA, or both, prefer to share the wealth, so you can’t hog all the prizes to yourself, and therefore, if you’re the Champion, that excludes you from collecting either of the other top prizes.
Saturday, at the Rocky Peak 50k, a 43 year old won the race. He’s the Champion. That left me, at 60, as the Master, since I was the next person over 40 to place. Personally, I feel the title of Grand Master sounds… well…more grand, but I’m very happy to accept Master.
Ultimately, I’d love to break into the top three again in some event, but all’s I can do is go out there, do my best, and wait and see what the randomness of the universe throws my way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment