Wednesday, December 26, 2018
Michael: Christmas Karma
The Kwanza parade:
Low riders, Michael Jackson
And an old, small train.
Monday, December 24, 2018
Why I’m returning these shoes.
This has turned out to be my second worst Christmas package opening of my life. The worst was when I was about 10 and I set my brand new electric football game too close to the living room door causing my sister to trip and fall on it when she came in leaving the playing field badly mangled and me in a rage that I took out on my sister. So in a way I suppose I deserve this.
Today I opened a package from Competitivecyclist.com expecting to find a brand new pair of bike shoes. I should’ve been suspicious right off the bat when the box was a Backcountry/Competitivecyclist generic shoe box and not the manufacturer’s, but the glowing orange shoes and my boyish delight temporarily disoriented me from the truth; not only did I not receive new shoes, I did not even receive usable used shoes.
- The hardware in the zip lock is badly rusted and damaged.
- Some of the cleat hardware in the soles are broken and/or missing.
- the shoes are scuffed.
I will at least give you credit for delivering this gag gift in the promised one day free delivery window and to the right address. Surprisingly, the shoes are also the right color and both are the same size.
I’m too old to cry and throw a fit now. And your not my sister, anyway. But when I see her tomorrow for Christmas, I’ll let her know how Twilight Zone bizarre the karma of this shipment was. It’s not the same as the whipping I deserved so long ago, but the $6.99 it’s costing for the return shipping I’m sure will give her a little bit of satisfaction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment