Friday, August 9, 2019

Michael: Junk





Simultaneous

We breathe next to each other

My wife and best friend.

Junk: August 6, 2019



I don’t enjoy giving talks, particularly when my idea of what would be an interesting talk is rejected and I’ve got to wing it.



At work I usually have dinner with the guests on Saturday night. On that night a prepared talk is given on their VO2 test and Bod Pod results by one of the persons in charge of giving those tests. But I was switched to Friday night where a full timer usually talks about diet and exercise. I was semi-prepared for this and submitted a speech to my boss about why I believe endurance training is important. That speech was rejected.



That left me with a day to come up with something to talk about related to diet. Thank God for Google. I decided to briefly describe the differences between a few diet types; plant based, veganism, whole food, and vegetarianism. That’s short, pretty straight forward, and pretty non-political.

I didn’t receive a standing ovation but I wasn’t booed off the stage either, so good enough for now.



What I’d really like to talk about is why, with all the information we have available, are people still not making wiser decisions about issues related to their long term health. I’ve ordered a book; The Fitness Mindset, which I hope will give me some insight that I can pass along to our guests when I’m called upon again to give a talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment