The
Santa Anas
Snort
like a well muscled bull
Charging
right through us.
Saturday, June 6, 2020
One
of the fears I have related to this pandemic doesn’t have to do with dying, but
not being given information about the possibility of suffering permanently
debilitating conditions.
I’m
62. I’m only surmising because of the lack of information, that my prospects of
suffering nonfatal but prolonged or permanent damage would be greater than a
younger person. As I’m going back to work in a few weeks I’m going to have to do
my due diligence and research this.
I’m
sure I’m not alone as a lot of older people near retirement will be struggling
with quality of life issues versus health risks as we weigh all the concerns
regarding returning to work.
I’m
pretty healthy so I’m probably going to roll the dice, particularly as my wife
is also out of work and isn’t likely to return in the near future. Right now we
have no major bills outside of rent and we’re skimping on health coverage by
only buying emergency medical.
The
one ray of sunshine in all this mess is that hopefully at least medicare will
be revised so that at least I’ll qualify. With so many unemployed and uninsured
you would think that revising the healthcare system will be a top priority. But
I’m not holding my breath – just always wearing a mask – at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment