Monday, June 1, 2020

Michael: C'mon Man!


 The cool ocean air
Reaches out to the canyon
Like a soothing hand.

 Monday, June 1, 2020

I keep listening to Biden and hoping that he’s going to give me a reason to vote for him. The last I heard from him was his response to Trump’s tweet, which could basically be paraphrased as; ‘Thoroughly irresponsible. Thoroughly irresponsible; …C’mon Man!” I’m not sure if that’s more cogent than what Trump said. It certainly isn’t an outline for systematic change or even any decent proposal that moves us in any positive direction.

Being a nice guy, or at least better than Trump – which is an extremely low bar – I suppose is something, but it’s definitely far from sufficient.

I understand why Trump’s ego won’t allow for him to step aside, but I don’t understand how Biden, or those around him, fail to recognize that his place holder candidacy is not what the nation needs now. The only true reform candidate with the support and recognition to have a chance to bring us out of this without ripping the system to shreds is and has been Bernie Sanders.

Otherwise we’re going to continually having conflagrations that flare up until they’re no longer capable of being put out within the confines of the institutions we now have in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment