Friday, December 18, 2020

Chipotle Award


Ripples in the sky;

Ashen white waves breaking west

Over the ocean.

Saturday, December 12, 2020

 Every Sunday after Kimme picks me up from work we try (too long to get into now, but there were three weeks where we didn’t make it for various reasons) to go to Chipotle.

 Because of this habit at least one server there recognizes us and this last Sunday actually talked to us about more than what we’d like in either are salad or burrito.

 He asked if I’m a vegan. I told him no, but that I’d been a vegetarian for 40 years.

 I asked him why he asked and he said that I stood out as an older gentleman who looked to be in very good health relative to most Chipotle customers and he was curious if my diet was responsible.

 That was very nice of him.

 However, as much as my pride shines with such compliments I’ve got to take this recognition with a side of salsa as I believe the results of his sampling are skewered given that they come from only fast food patrons.

 Still it was a moment. And as I get older I suspect these moments will become fewer and further between.


No comments:

Post a Comment