Friday, December 11, 2020

Improvements?


 
Light green chested bird 

Flirts with the winter trees 

Singing a bright song. 


Thursday, December 10, 2020 


Yerba Buena is one of those challenging canyon rides off of PCH that if you’re a Southern California cyclist has got to be included in your rotation. Up until this year it was a road that I enjoyed riding up but wouldn’t think about riding down, and now that It’s been improved, I’m even more certain it would be a mistake to head down toward the beach on that beautiful canyon road.  

 

Why? 

 

Because the now smooth asphalt has drawn an array of cyclists, motorcyclists and car club enthusiasts to take to its curves in both directions and that’s a recipe for disaster.  

 

Heck, a few weeks ago I even saw a luge skateboarder heading down Yerba at breakneck speeds (pun intended).  

 

On the old broken asphalt Yerba was a tolerable ride heading uphill for cyclists but that was about it. Cars and motorcyclist for the most part shied away and it was far too problematic for all but the most shock absorbing souls to head downhill on a bicycle. But all that’s changed with the recent repaving. Now Yerba is fair game for all types of speedsters and that’s why I’m even more certain I’ll never experience what it’s like to head toward the ocean on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment