A
flock of sparrows
Fly
on electrified wings
From
bush to branches.
Thursday, December 24, 2020
The
last race I competed in; I didn’t. I DNFed at the Sycamore 100k in February. I
was (and for quite a while afterward) battled an upper left quad strain. At
mile 40 I called it a day. What added to the pain was one of my age group
nemesis was there; Eric Clifton, and he completed the race.
Without
any races since then how was I going to test myself to see if I’ll be ready for
a decent 50k in 2021? That’s what old friends are for. And at my age, even my
younger friends are fairly old.
Liz,
a trail running acquaintance, from when we use to run together with the S.M.
Trail runner’s club, was coming down from the Bay Area and wanted to know if
I’d run part of the 70 mile Backbone with her. Why not? What a great opportunity
to catch up and also test out some equipment but more importantly my body.
She
completed the Backbone last weekend in three days. Her first day from Will
Rodgers to Tapia park, 25 miles, I ran with her. It was a blast, I felt great,
all our choices worked, the weather was perfect and we went through the section
like we were going for a short jog together.
Now
for the 2021 racing season. Bring it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment