Saturday, January 2, 2021

Lord of the Rings

 

Lord of the Rings: January 1, 2021

 Wind, rain and earthquakes

Are working to shape the rock

We see around us.


 January 1, 2021

 Forget all that gobbledy gook about resolving to become a better person by treating others better, making a concerted effort to practicing  philosophical, religious or spiritual beliefs, spending more quality time with the family… Let’s get to the real important questions that resolutions are meant to answer – can I get more sexier in the New Year?

 Damned, at 62 I doubt it. But I’m going to give that old college try.

 How? Today begins my first day of gymnastic ring work. I know, a lot of people start off the New Year by targeting a new exercise program. But at least I’m somewhat different in that regard as I have a pretty good track record of sticking to long range exercise programs. Afterall, I’ve been  running and riding on a pretty consistent basis for a good 50 years.

 But as far as strength training goes, it’s been hit or miss for the most part, though lately I have been using the kettlebell and doing some standard body weight exercises on a consistent basis.

 And strength is the one area in my fitness portfolio that’s always been my biggest weakness. Not that I think I can be the Jack Lalanne I’ve always wanted to be, but I do believe consistent ring work can at least get me to a more svelte version of that fitness icon. Maybe like a senior Bruce Lee?

 It’s worth a shot even if it doesn’t bring my dreamed about results. At least my strength, balance, flexibility and agility are bound to improve. And at this stage of the game to improve physically is a pretty decent accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment