Thursday, September 17, 2015

Michael: Consuming Your Way to Better Performance


The rusty weasel
Skittered across the grey trail
With uncanny grace.

Thursday, Sept. 3, 2015

You can buy a lot of things in the United States, but I don’t believe you can buy time. Though I haven’t tried or even googled it. And even if you could, I’m sure it would be super expensive and out of my price range.

But I do have a race in a couple of days and, due to a slowly healing foot injury, I was worried that the two new pairs of shoes I bought while on our three week visit here, aren’t up to the task of allowing me to run my best race, so I went looking for another pair. In a round about way, I’m trying to buy time; a better race time through a shoe purchase that will protect my foot.

I know that rest is what my foot needs to heal and after the race I can make time for that. But until then I’m going to try to take the shortcut of purchasing my way to a temporary fix. I’m conflicted about that. Usually, I would be skeptical that I could, or should, be able to remedy a problem with the quick infusion of dollars, but I’m going to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment