Thursday, September 17, 2015

Michael: Staying Still


The joy of walking
The country road to downtown
Is a wrinkled grin.

Friday, Sept. 4, 2015

The problem with vacations, whether they’re here or elsewhere, is that I jammed too much activity and not enough rest in our vacation plans. In our three weeks here, yesterday was the only day I didn’t move by car somewhere.

Now I can’t wait to get home and take a vacation from our vacation and get back into our Volcan routine. One of the great things about going back to Panama is that we don’t have a car to get around in. It’ll be back to circling around small Volcan by foot, bus or taxi.

I doubt I’ll have learned my lesson. Next year, if we’re fortunate enough to come back and visit, we’ll probably still jam in too much. And even worse, we’d probably try to encourage anyone who comes to visit us in Panama, to also try to see as much as possible instead of taking in the beauty at an enjoyable pace.

Live and learn, maybe. Live and don’t learn, seems more likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment