Saturday, October 21, 2017

Michael: Clint Rides into Town


The low grey ceiling
Despite the warmth of the day
Creates a cool mood.

Friday, October 6, 2017

One problem Kimme and I faced during this crash was communication, and I’m not referring to not speaking Spanish, but our having problems speaking to each other.

No, not those kind of problems… We actually are pretty fond of one another and for the most part enjoy talking to each other too much. But Kimme’s phone doesn’t have a local sim card so in order for us to talk by phone our neighbor and landlord loaned her one of hers.

The funny thing about that, and again one of those entertaining coincidences, was that while I was laying in the hospital, at times I wondered if the stitches were going to leave any scarring and if it did I was floating between the scenes in Unforgiven where Clint’s friend is giving him stitches and when Clint is talking to the victim of a knife attack about being scarred. I was hoping that if I do have scars that it’ll give me a more rugged handsome look like Clint’s.

And wouldn’t you know it, while Kimme was visiting her phone rang and the ring tone was from one of Clint’s old spaghetti westerns.

And speaking of our landlord, Luzmila…Not only was she kind enough to loan Kimme her phone and drive her back and forth between Volcan and David, when I went to pay rent as a gesture of compassion and understanding of what an unexpected costs can do to a person’s budget, she also cut $40 off our rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment