Friday, September 14, 2018

Michael: Returning the Favor


Murmurs of the rain
Carried down the dry creek bed
On a summer wind.

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Like many people nowadays, I buy many of my shoes and other trail and running goodies on-line. But since Jeff at Fleet Feet saved me by having a booth set up at Bulldog with vests to try out (I left my bottle at home.), and the store was close to my work and they were offering 10% off (the same as Running Warehouse), what the heck?

They also had the next shoe model I want to give a tryout; the Hoka Speedgoat 2. Only problem is not in the color I wanted. I want the flashy yellow. I’ve got plenty of race attire to match that color scheme. But all Fleet Feet had was the grey and red; a pretty mundane combo and difficult to build an outfit with flare around.

But I’m going to give it a go if the shoes pass my initial trial runs and I don’t return them. But now outfitting is going to require at least new socks and a shirt; which really ought to be included in the hidden cost of shoes that don’t have the right color scheme. And these shoes, even with the discount, are Hokas, not quite up there in the outrageously expensive category as some Salomons, but not that far behind.

Gray and red… I wanted to be a bit flashier. Oh well, at least in short races the Torrents, in their light green flavor, holds out some promise of panache.

No comments:

Post a Comment