Thursday, September 13, 2018
Michael: Thai Massage
It’s a cruel world
Where disabled veterans
Survive on cardboard.
Tuesday, September 11, 2018
Outside of bicycle accidents, I have been extraordinarily fortunate in avoiding injuries, though my recent push, as I’ve turned 60, to compete often and well has left me with a strained hamstring.
And with another challenge just over a week away, deciding between rest, working out, and using other methods of rehabilitation have been foremost on my mind.
One of those methods is massage, which I haven’t done on a regular basis for over 10 years. And my last regular masseuse was a small Philippina woman whom I developed a long term deep tissue/S&M bi-weekly enticing/dread relationship with. Fortunately or not, we don’t live near that neighborhood anymore where it would even be worth the long shot call to see if she’s still in the business.
Here, we’re within walking distance of a Thai massage place that has very reasonable rates, so what the heck?
I’m not sure the combo. Swedish/Thai massage I received from Lila last week was therapeutic for my hamstring but it did feel both good, worrisome and different; kind of a amalgam of ballet, performance art, chiropractic maneuvers, contortionism and wrestling. But I liked it and will be back for more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment